Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I visited my Puerto Rican friends, their father made this delicious drink. He developed this recipe when he was young, working in a hotel. Tried and true!
- 8 ounces cream of coconut
- 3 cups ice
- 1 ounce white rum
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 25 ounces pineapple juice
- Blend ice and pineapple juice.
- Add cream of coconut, rum, the milks and vanilla.
- Top with a cherry and ground cinnamon.
My mom used to make pins colada like this one when I was growing up,minus the rum of course. Although Pi?a Colada as we know it was invented in a hotel in Puerto Rico, people of the island have been making it with condensed and evaporated milk for generations.
These were so rich and tasty. Very fattening but also worth it. I made these for a Memorial Day Picnic and could not keep the blender going fast enough. Everyone had several. Thank you for such a tasty easy summer drink!!!