Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband made this for me and it is very good! Enjoy!
- 680.38 g stew meat
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 14.79 ml adobo seasoning
- 2-3 carrots (optional)
- 6 manzanilla olives
- 4.92 ml capers (alcaparrado)
- 1 large cooking spoon sofrito sauce
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml oregano, dried, crushed in hand
- 4.92 ml cumin, ground
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 709.77 ml water
- 4 small ears of corn (the small NIblets)
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in deep pot.
- Season meat with 1/2 tablespoon adobo.
- Quickly brown meat.
- Add water and cook for one hour at medium heat.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Cook another 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened a bit.
Just finished cooking and eating your Carne Guisada recipe, and from my wife's lips to this email...."My tongue is dancing!" It was a truly delicious meal. I did change a few things: I cooked it for 45 minutes (the carrots and potatoes were cooked through perfectly, added the ingredients as the beef slowly cooked. And I never really measure my spices, I cook to taste, so I simply eye it. Put it over jazmine rice, and wow!