Recipe by bobchile
My mom made this dessert all the time when I was growing up. She finally passed the recipe on. If you love whip cream this is for you! I'm not really sure how long the prep time is.
Top Review by KaCe W.
I can't find my recipe card holder and searched to find this. This recipe was brought home to me by my hubby. He set it on the table and said, "Make this!". He went on to tell me how yummy it was and so we have eaten this for over 40 years. Several friends use it as THE dessert for birthdays and special occasions. And now I'm making it for a special dinner tomorrow with new friends from Mexico. I think it will compliment the spicy meal we will be having. I'll try to get back with a photo. Easy to make. I brought it to a college graduation a few years ago and one of the guests stood by the the dish with a fork and just ate it. My husband moved close and told him to "get a plate" and quit hogging it. So you can see many do love it. You can change up the pudding flavor for a change of pace, but I always come back to vanilla.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 4 ingredients like a pie crust.
- Bake 18 minutes at 375.
- Let cool.
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Put on cooled crust.
- Cover with 1/2 of Cool Whip.
- Beat together pudding and milk.
- Cover over previous layer.
- Cover with the rest of the Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped nuts.