Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Summer 2007 Greek Gourmet Traveler for Kerasma. Recipe by Chef Miltos Karoumbas, president of the Hellenic Chef’s Club. Note: "All ingredients should be at room temperature."
For the First Batter
- 1 lb butter
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon dill, finely chopped
- 2 ounces scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red peppercorns, ground
For the Second Batter
- 1 lb egg
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 100 ml dry white wine
For the Third Batter
- 2 lbs pastry flour
- 2 ounces baking powder
- 26 ounces syros san-mihalis cheese or 26 ounces other hard greek cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb greek green olives, quartered
- 3 ounces turkey slices, diced
- Place the ingredients for the first batter in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the ingredients for the second batter.
- Gradually mix the second batter with the first batter and continue beating until blended and soft.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Using a slotted metal spoon, gradually fold in the ingredients for the third batter with a slow, circular motion.
- Butter a large rectangular pan and pour in the mixture.
- Level the surface with a spatula.
- Place the pan immediately in a preheated oven at 350°F/170°C for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the pie cool for 5-10 minutes inside the pan.
- Remove and serve.