- 4 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (optional)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound chicken breasts with flat side of meat mallet until flattened to an even thickness.
- Place seasoned bread crumbs on flat dish.
- Press both sides of the chicken into the crumbs.
- Place coated chicken pieces in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning (if using) and top with provolone cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and crispy around the edges, the way I prefer it.