Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb roma tomato, sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup california ripe olives, halved
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes until mixture foams on top. Mix in oil and egg. Add flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Knead together for about 5-8 minutes on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm area for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Roll out dough into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to an 11-inch tart pan, allowing sides to hang over the edges. Press sides into tart pan, then roll a rolling pin, over the top of the tart pan to cut off overhanging edges of dough and discard.
- Spread mustard onto the bottom of tart crust. Cover with concentric circles of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle California ripe olives, thyme, pepper and remaining salt on top.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes. Cover with cheese and continue baking for 5-10 more minutes until melted and golden brown.