Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Small but filling protein pumpkin muffins. Good for the morning grab 'n go.
- 1⁄2 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 teaspoons Splenda granular
- pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients and divide across a muffin tin. Can get 12 tiny ones or 6 larger ones.
- Bake in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes.
This was tasty, but a bit denser than most muffins. I'm wondering what would happen if the oatmeal was ground into powder prior to baking. Nonetheless, great, quick recipe!
Another winner from ToryLyn. These muffins are dense and very filling. Great when you are on the run and want something substantial and satisfying. Loved the flavor of the pumpkin too. Thanks again, ToryLyn.
I was a little skeptical of this one at first, but it's pretty good for a healthy breakfast muffin. Very easy to make too! I substituted 1/2 cup oat bran instead of the oatmeal, two egg whites for the egg substitute and used half of the rest of the ingredients, which made two muffins. The consistency is a bit thicker than your average muffin, but I enjoyed it.