Recipe by tiffin
Extremely flavorful mashed potatoes. Goes well with rosemary or garlic seasoned roast turkey. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Stir over low heat to rewarm, adding more broth by tablespoonfuls, if desired.)
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to boil, add 1/4 tsp salt. Cook potatoes and garlic until potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash potatoes and (with a potato ricer); return to same pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped prosciutto and sage and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add prosciutto mixture and broth to potatoes and garlic.
- Mix in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.