Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These excellent little puffs won first prize at a chile festival in New Mexico in 1984 by Helen Trujillo.
- In a 13 x 9 pan, melt butter.
- Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder; combine.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except salsa.
- Combine cheese mixture to the flour; blend well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 400°F for 14 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 35-40 minutes longer. Cut into appetizer size squares and serve warm with salsa (May also be served as a light lunch).