Miss Annie's Note:
These excellent little puffs won first prize at a chile festival in New Mexico in 1984 by Helen Trujillo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 13 x 9 pan, melt butter.
- 2Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- 3Add flour and baking powder; combine.
- 4In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except salsa.
- 5Combine cheese mixture to the flour; blend well.
- 6Pour batter into pan and bake at 400°F for 14 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 35-40 minutes longer. Cut into appetizer size squares and serve warm with salsa (May also be served as a light lunch).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prize Winning Chile Cheese Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (1783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g