Easy Crescent Sausage and Cheese Appetizers
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 teaspoons honey mustard (or you can use a bit more)
- 16 tablespoons gruyere cheese or 16 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 small cooked sausages (quartered lenghwise)
- Prepare a lage baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate on the perforations into individual triangles.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon honey mustard (can use a little more) on each crescent.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon grated cheese on the mustard.
- Arrange one sausage quarter on the triangle (parallel to short side, leaving 1/2-inch border).
- Fold the SHORT side of the dough over the sausage, continue to roll up.
- Arrange sausage rolls seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate up to 1 day until ready to bake.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the crescents until the dough is golden, about 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What great little treats! I halved the recipe for just 2 of us and used a habanero and chicken sausage link (our tiny market didn't have anything else that I thought would work). My only suggestion for those who will try this with a sausage that has a casing is to dice the sausage because otherwise it can be harder to bite into - certainly not the recipe's fault - this was my change! Thanks for another great one Kitten.
These are so yummy! I will never make pigs-in-blankets with hot dogs and cheddar again! I used Ekrich skinless smoked sausage, and Grey Poupon Savory Honey Mustard (it's not so sweet). The Gruyere cheese adds wonderful flavor. I will definitely be making these little treats over and over again. Thanks Kittencal- I have never had one of your recipes disappoint me!