Recipe by I'mPat
From a beautifully presented cookbook titled Southern to the Core received in Cookbook Swap 2011 from busyMom of 3. Must admit with this style of bread I like to spread some butter on the slices when I serve.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
We really enjoyed this zucchini bread. It was moist and flavorful. We all thought that it was a bit too sugary (could just be our tastes), so I will decrease the amount of sugar next time. I love bread recipes that make two loaves. Thanks for posting! Made for Please Review My Recipe in the Cooking Games with Friends forum.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 medium zucchini (grated 2 cups and well drained)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease well 2 loaf pans.
- Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl and stir in the oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until well blended and then stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until the centre springs back when lightly pressed by your fingertips.
- Cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes and then remove from the pans and cool on the rack completely.