Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a beautifully presented cookbook titled Southern to the Core received in Cookbook Swap 2011 from busyMom of 3. Must admit with this style of bread I like to spread some butter on the slices when I serve.
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease well 2 loaf pans.
- Beat eggs lightly in a large bowl and stir in the oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until well blended and then stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until the centre springs back when lightly pressed by your fingertips.
- Cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes and then remove from the pans and cool on the rack completely.
We really enjoyed this zucchini bread. It was moist and flavorful. We all thought that it was a bit too sugary (could just be our tastes), so I will decrease the amount of sugar next time. I love bread recipes that make two loaves. Thanks for posting! Made for Please Review My Recipe in the Cooking Games with Friends forum.
Delicious! This quick and easy zucchini bread was devoured by my family. It was moist and flavorful without being overly sweet and was enjoyed warm from the oven topped with butter, as well as cold. I didn't use raisins because I didn't have any on hand. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
**Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game**
A unique zucchini bread that a wonderful crunchy top and nice moist center! Have never had raisins in zucchini bread before but found them to be a fun and tasty change of pace. Thanks so much for the post.