Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe of my sisters, it is one of her tried and true family standbys.
- 2 -3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up into portion sizes
- 2 eggs, beaten until lemon yellow
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups fine crushed pretzel crumbs, made from cocktail type pretzels (I use fat free ones)
- vegetable oil
- Dry the chicken pieces with paper towel.
- Mix the eggs and milk well.
- Place the pretzel crumbs in a bag.
- dip each piece of chicken in egg-milk mixture; then place in bag and coat well.
- Drop into 350F vegetable oil and fry till golden brown.
- Place the chicken pieces on foil in a large baking pan and bake in 300F oven for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was really yummy. The only thing I did different was added a little mustard to the egg mixture, and it turned out great. It reminded me of Chick-Fil-A.
My husband was skeptical as he isn't the pretzel fan I am but he LOVED it. It was so easy -- timing for cooking was perfect, it came out beautiful, and delicious. We probably had about 1 cup of pretzel crumbs for two boneless breasts and had just enough to coat. I threw the extra on top and then poured what stayed in the frying pan into the baking pan. Because I poured in the oil too (I used olive oil) I did have to blot the breasts on paper towels before serving. It didn't need any other spice, sauce or anything. Terrific recipe!
This was a delicious recipie! I thought 3 cups was a bit too much though I had a ton of crushed pretzels left over lol. :) Thanks though it is a great recipe!