Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful pizza flavored appetizer and snack. These can be quickly made using frozen bread dough or tubes of pizza dough. Open up a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce to use for dipping these mini calzones and enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Mix Ricotta Cheese, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out bread or pizza dough to@ 1/4 inch and cut into 2 1/2 rounds.
- Fill rounds with a heaping teaspoon o f cheese mixture and top with a half slice of pepperoni.
- Fold dough in half and seal with tines of a fork.
- Place filled calzones on baking sheet, prick tops with fork to allow steam to escape and brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat Spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce in microwave and use for dipping calzones.