Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful pizza flavored appetizer and snack. These can be quickly made using frozen bread dough or tubes of pizza dough. Open up a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce to use for dipping these mini calzones and enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Mix Ricotta Cheese, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out bread or pizza dough to@ 1/4 inch and cut into 2 1/2 rounds.
- Fill rounds with a heaping teaspoon o f cheese mixture and top with a half slice of pepperoni.
- Fold dough in half and seal with tines of a fork.
- Place filled calzones on baking sheet, prick tops with fork to allow steam to escape and brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat Spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce in microwave and use for dipping calzones.