1/2 Photos of Pressure Cooker Beef Barley Vegetable Soup
This is a cross between a soup and a stew, and is the perfect supper for midwinter warm-ups. Serve it with a salad or coleslaw and warm rolls with butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup barley
- 3 large carrots (about 8 oz. total)
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large idaho potato (about 10 oz.)
- 1 medium onion (about 6 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Brown the beef in the pressure cooker.
- 2Drain off any fat.
- 3Add the tomatoes, water and barley.
- 4Close pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- 5Reduce heat to stabilize and cook for 10 minutes While the soup is cooking, split the carrots in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2" thick slices.
- 6Peel and dice the potato.
- 7Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- 8When the soup has cooked for 10 minutes, realease pressure and add the vegetables, basil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Close pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- 10Reduce the heat until pressure is stabilized and cook and cook 10 minutes longer.
- 11Release the pressure.
- 12The soup can be refrigerated for up to 4 days or frozen.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Beef Barley Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g