Recipe by Soobeeoz
I found this on the Scotsman and made it for lunch today. We thought it was pretty good, and a bit different. I followed the directions as written, but using an ovenproof pan or just topping the stir-fried prawns with the butter mixture and heating it on the stove top would also work. I used regular king prawns which I seasoned before serving. We like spicy food, so next time I'd use an extra chilli or two. Should pair well with fettucine or rice, but if serving as is a crusty loaf to mop up the sauce is a must.
- 20 raw peeled tiger shrimp
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 3 red chilies
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven grill on highest setting.
- Lightly crush star anise, mash garlic, finely slice chillis, chop coriander, and drop these into a running food processor along with the butter. When mixture forms a ball, scrape down sides of bowl and place mixture in a dish.
- Stir fry the prawns in the vegetable oil in a very hot wok.
- When done, put prawns into an oven-proof dish and top with butter mixture. Cook for a maximum of one minute under heated grill.
- Serve on its own or with bread to mop up the juices.