Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
This is a lovely salad, perfect for a main course for a summer lunch. Serve with good French bread and a green salad. I always add more prawns.
- 130 g long grain rice
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs (or use your own from the garden)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 tomatoes
- 225 g cooked prawns
- salt and pepper
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in boiling, slated water until just tender.
- Drain, and rinse well in cold water. Shake well to remove any excess water.
- Combine oil, lemon juice and herbs and season well.
- Mix this dressing into the rice, whilst the rice is still warm. Leave to cool.
- Chop spring onions and capsicum finely.
- Cover tomatoes with boiling water and leave for a couple of minutes. Drain water and remove tomato skins. Chop finely.
- Add prawns to the tomato, onion and capsicum and then mix well with the rice.
- Pile on to a serving dish and scatter chopped parsley over the top.