Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh prawns cooked with garam masala spices, green beans, leeks, spinach and mushrooms. Finished with tomato and cream, this easy and delicious meal is über-umami.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 9 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, small, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g green beans, topped and tailed
- 600 g prawns, large, fresh, preferably de-veined and shelled (in the pictures here the shell was still on, fabulous for flavour but takes time to peel)
- 100 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 200 g tomatoes, peeled & chopped, canned is perfect and a half a can is about right
- 90 ml cream
- Over medium heat sauté oil, masala, onion, leek, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic and beans. Stir until the onions are glassy.
- Add prawns and stir for about five minutes, just until the prawns curl.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt for a minute or two while stirring.
- Add tomatoes and stir until heated.
- Stir in cream for a minute.
- Serve on rice. In my pictures you'll see brown basmati.
An excellent light curry dish -- I uased a roasted garam masala and would be tempted to spice it up just a little next time, not too much though, you need to enjoy the flavours of all the wonderful veggies here, not to mention the succulent prawns!! My cousin was staying with us, so she and I happily chopped and prepared together and then enjoyed this wonderful dinner, served with some warm rotis! (Not forgetting steamed rice, of course!!) Very much enjoyed and a real keeper, found in Spring PAC 2013, thank you Caroline!