Fresh prawns cooked with garam masala spices, green beans, leeks, spinach and mushrooms. Finished with tomato and cream, this easy and delicious meal is über-umami.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 9 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, small, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g green beans, topped and tailed
- 600 g prawns, large, fresh, preferably de-veined and shelled (in the pictures here the shell was still on, fabulous for flavour but takes time to peel)
- 100 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 200 g tomatoes, peeled & chopped, canned is perfect and a half a can is about right
- 90 ml cream
- Over medium heat sauté oil, masala, onion, leek, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic and beans. Stir until the onions are glassy.
- Add prawns and stir for about five minutes, just until the prawns curl.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt for a minute or two while stirring.
- Add tomatoes and stir until heated.
- Stir in cream for a minute.
- Serve on rice. In my pictures you'll see brown basmati.