Recipe by ladypit
I made this pie, which I found on the back of the package for a Nilla Wafer Crust, for the guys at my husband's work. My husband talked about how good it was for days!
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipped cream (or cool-whip)
- 1 vanilla cookie pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Brush the pie crust with the egg white.
- Put the pecans on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Put the crust and the pecans in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- (Or you can toast the pecans separately. I just found it faster to do it this way.) Melt the butter.
- Using a mixer on medium blend the melted butter, the brown sugar, the flour and the baking powder until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecans.
- This will be very thick.
- Put it into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set in the center.
- Cool it completely.
- Put the whipped cream on top as garnish.
- Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.