Recipe by The Miserable Gourmet
Pecan pie and pumpkin. My two favorite fall flavors mixed just enough to make this a little different. We love it here in my house. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- For the topping- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter, corn syrup and brown sugar. As it melts, mix in the chopped pecans and cook to coat about 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat and begin filling.
- For the filling- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, white and brown sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, eggs and pie spice and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pre-heat over to 400°F
- Pour filling mixture into pie crust. Carefully crumble pecans and gently add to the top of the pie filling. Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes. Reduce temp to 350°F and continue cooking approx 55 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight for best flavor.