Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Granny Smith apples are best to use for this
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cut in chunks
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Slice the apples into wedges and place wedges into water mixed with juice from half a lemon to prevent browning; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add in 1 cup of half and half cream and lemon juice.
- Add/toss in apple wedges into the cream mixture.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- For the topping: combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter until crumbly.
- Mix in chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture in the pan.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.