Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy and quick Pozole if you use a pre-made canned Red Chile Sauce such as Las Palmas Brand. If you make your own it could be made in advance, or add the prep time for the sauce if you make it the same day. I garnish the dish with chopped white onions, sliced radish, fresh chopped cilantro, and lemon wedges to squeeze. I also like to serve this dish over a creamy cheese polenta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb pork loin or 1 lb pork shoulder, trimmed and cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
- 3 cups red chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch radish, sliced
- 2 lemons, wedged
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a 4 qt dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add pork, cook until browned.
- Add onion, and garlic; cook until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- Prepare garnish during the last 30 minutes and serve.
This recipe is fabulous! My family went back for thirds! It was simple and delicious!