Recipe by Clueless in the Kitchen
Got it's name because the cookies are HUGE! Everyone who has tasted these, has asked for the recipe. Their size makes them special--who can go back to regular cookies and be satisfied? I got this recipe from Barby, my friend.
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats, one-minute style
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) package pecans, cookie pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars, margarine, and Crisco; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat dry mixture into wet ingredients.
- Fold in all other ingredients.
- Form golf ball size clumps into cookies about the size of a silver dollar, or use a heaped cookie scoop, then press the tops flat.
- They will be about 1/2-inch thick.
- Space in staggered rows with about two inches between cookies.
- Bake on parchment-lined cookie sheets for 8-16 minutes.