Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My mother made this every summer, around Christmas time. It actually makes quite a lot, and is quite rich, so my serving size is a bit of a guess. We had it with salads on really hot days, then in sandwiches to finish it off. I remember being so excited when it was first made, then happy to see the end of it until next year;-)
- 2 pickled pork hocks or 1 piece pickled pork, about 1 1/2 kg
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken, about
- 750 g shin beef
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- Place all ingredients except vinegar in a large stockpot with just enough water to cover.
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- When cooked, strain the liquid, remove ALL the bones, and chop the meat finely.
- Add the vinegar to the strained liquid, season to taste.
- Place the chopped meat in wet moulds, pour the liquid over, cover with cling wrap and allow to set.
- Serve with salads, or as a sandwich filling.