Self-Frosting Anise Cookies
An old German recipe I found in my recipe collection, similar to the cookies commercially sold around Christmas time. Prep time doesn't include standing time.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anise extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together several times.
- Beat eggs at low speed until frothy, turn mixer to medium, slowly, gradually beat in sugar (about 1 tbl at a time) Turn mixer to a low speed; add sifted dry ingredients slowly, beat 15 minutes longer, blend in anise.
- Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon drop onto greased cookie sheets,work quickly.
- Allow to stand in a cool place several hours or over night, the top of the cookie should be dry to the touch.
- Bake at 325 F about 14 minutes, should not brown.
- Makes about 10 dz.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation