Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe from a friend and need the nutritional info on it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 4 cups celery, diced
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar stuffed green olives, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drain
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
- Place in a greased casserole dish and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Nobody in our family cared much for this recipe. The flavors seem to be out of balance - the barbecue sauce and olives dominate, and the texture is thin. Needs more noodles and a thicker sauce? I don't know what it would take to make this better, but we won't be trying it again.
This was a great recipe!!! I always am attracted to odd ingredients to go together and this one worked. All the different ingredients made for a real tasty tangy dish. I will be making this one again.