Recipe by kymgerberich
From a long-time friend's cookbook compilation.
Top Review by aurora_b1950
I found this bland and added sharp cheddar cheese to the ingredients for extra flavour. Would also recommend parboiling the potatoes. Not a difficult recipe. Only gave 3 stars as it did not have "wow" factor with respect to flavour.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes into a large bowl. Saute onion in butter.
- Beat together milk, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in parsley, onion, chives, 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes and toss. Put in 1 1/2 quart casserole and bake at 325F for 25 minutes or until bubbly.