Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have no clue where I got this recipe, but very good and different type of scalloped potatoes.
Make and share this Potatoes Queen Anne recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (I use sea salt)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices in the bottom of a buttered shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with a little lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar. Top with some of the sliced green onion, crumble bacon and shredded cheese. Repeat until everything is used, ending with the cheese.
- Pour chicken broth and wine over the potatoes.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is browned. (I usually cook it for an hour because I don't like crunchy potatoes). After 30-40 mins., check dish, if cheese is golden and to your liking, then cover, loosely with foil, to prevent further browning, while potatoes continue to cook until tender.
- Garnish with green onion.
I see now that I "accidentally" used cheddar- no big deal though- they were still great. The wine mixed with the broth gave it a "special" flavor. Thanks-made for ZWT6 and the Xtra Hot Dishes.
Excellent tater recipe, I also added in some dried oregano and garlic powder and did a few amount adjustments, this will be repeated again soon, thanks for sharing this great potato recipe Diner!
Very good side dish. Makes your meal very elegant.