Recipe by Junebug
You can't go wrong with this classic potato dish!
Top Review by Lorac
Ahhh! Memories of our favorite French restaurant back in Mass. A subtle layering of flavors that blend beautifuly without masking each other. I made 1/2 the recipe and and let the dish sit for 10 minutes before seving so that the liquid was absorbed. My only suggestion is Chef Claude's special ingredient for potatoes - use finely ground white pepper. Great recipe Junebug!
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 4 -5 potatoes, depending on size,peel &,slice thin
- 2 cups grated muenster cheese
- 4 cups cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with oil.
- Peel and cut garlic cloves in half or thirds.
- Rub sides and bottom of dish with cut side of garlic cloves.
- Leave garlic pieces in bottom of pan.
- Layer half of potatoes in bottom of pan.
- Salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Pour half the cream over potatoes.
- Repeat layer.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until potatoes are done.
- Push potatoes down into cream during the first 30 minutes of baking.
- If top gets too brown cover with foil.