Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Starch in potatoes anc chickpeas gives this soup a thick and creamy texture allowing you to cut out any cream and use it purely as a garnish. To contrast the soup's smooth texture, try these crispy chickpeas insted of croutons. CuisineAtHome Magazine
- 2 cups leeks, sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 1⁄2 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (not that bottled kind)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 sprig mint (garnish)
- Saute leeks and potatoes in 1 T oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook until leeks are soft, 5 minutes, then stir in broth, zucchini, and 1/2 cup chickpeas.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetable are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare crispy chickpeas.
- Heat remaining oil in nonstick skillet over medium.
- Add remaining chickpeas and saute until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if using; remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, mint, Tabasco, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if using, once potatoes are tender.
- Puree in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Garnish each serving with crispy chickpeas, cream & sprig of mint.