Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This will be one of your favorite ways to make potatoes. Just pop them in the oven with a roast or other meat and relax until dinner.
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4oz)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place in a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, onion, salt, thyme and pepper until butter is melted.
- Drizzle over potatoes, cover and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley and bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.