Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A warm soup for cold days! The soup freezes well. The pesto stores for up to a week in the fridge covered with a layer of oil.
- 50 g butter
- 900 g potatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 225 ml milk or 225 ml half-and-half
for the pesto
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 25 g fresh castelli cheese or 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 25 g pine nuts
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and add the potatoes and onion tossing until well coated. Cover and sweat on a gentle heat for 10 minutes Pour in stock and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the veg is soft.
- When ready liquidise soup until smooth add the milk and season if needed. Serve drizzled with the parsley pesto.
- Whiz everything apart from the oil until smooth, slowly add the oil, stirring well.