Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a potato soup that can be served as a side or main course. Very feeling and heart healthy if you use fat free margarine.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cheddar cheese
- 1 cup green onion (the tops)
- Peel and slice 3 potatoes/chop or dice the last potato with skin on.
- Cover diced potato with water.
- Simmer until tender.
- Take the 3 peeled and sliced potatoes,sliced celery and chopped onion and saute in 1 1/2 table spoons margarine.
- Add boiling water to cover.
- Add bay leaf and cook until very tender.
- Put the 3 potatoes celery and onion in the blender, blend to liquefy.
- Pour back in pan.
- Add the chicken broth and cubed potatoes.
- Add water to thin.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and green onion tops before serving.
Added another potato and a small can of creamed corn. Made it creamy with a small can of skim evaporated milk. Really nice.
A little bland, but still delicious.
I substituted pepper jack cheese for the cheddar. Yummy.