Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Potatoes are sliced and baked, then topped with the makings of your favorite potato skins. Serve as a side dish or even as appetizers. These are so yummy!
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush both sides of potato slices with butter and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once during baking.
- Remove from oven and top with bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese melts.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.
These were good and easy to make. Next time I would season the potatoes before cooking. I would add some pepper and onion powder to the butter mixture next time. Ours took about 25 minutes to cook. We all enjoyed these.
Delicious! These were a huge success. The potatoes are nice and crisp (I cooked mine for 40 minutes) and the toppings are so yummy. I will definitely be making these again. Thank you!
My family ate these all up, with NOOOO complaints! Just oohs and ahs! Now, I did bake the potatoes whole the day before when I was baking some for the night before. Stored them in the fridge, sliced them, heated them in the micro for 2 minutes...then added the other stuff, but had to use less butter, which was my main goal. I used all low fat ingredients: 2 % cheddar, turkey bacon pieces, fat free sour cream, and of course, topped with sliced green onions. :) Thanks for the idea...much easier than trying to hollow out baked potatoes!!!