Crab Salad Stuffed Potato Skins
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups crab, chunks picked over for shells
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes until soft, about 40 minutes depending on the size.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Scoop out the flesh and transfer to a bowl for another use. Place the potato skins into the fryer until they become brown and crispy.
- Remove the skins, place on paper towels and season with salt, and pepper, to taste. Let cool to room temperature.
- Mix the crab with the mayonnaise, Dijon, green onions, and chives.
- Season the mixture with salt, and pepper, to taste. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.