Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite potato salad now. This recipe came from Naomi Judd's cookbook. I don't use the hard boiled eggs because I don't care for them in my potato salad and I cut back on the mayonnaise,onion, pickle relish and leave out the mustard....you can adjust things to your own taste because what really makes this potato salad is the French dressing. Here is the recipe as it appears in Naomi Judd's cookbook
- 4 idaho baking potatoes (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup bottled French dressing
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Cover potatoes in large saucepan with water. Bring to boiling and cook until fork tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle but still very warm, peel the potatoes and then cube. Place the warm potatoes in large bowl. Add the salt and French dressing, tossing to coat (You can even let the potatoes sit in the refrigerator overnight at this point.).
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to just under a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and return the eggs to the pot, covering with ice water. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel the eggs under cold running water, beginning with the large end. Cut into small cubes and reserve.
- To the potatoes, add the celery, onion, and pickle relish.
- In small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard. With a spatula, fold the mayonnaise mixture into the potato mixture until thoroughly blended. Add the egg and gently stir just to evenly distribute. This is one of those dishes that is even bettr the next day. (If you can wait that long).
I made this for a cookout I was having. Everyone like it. My sister was dipping into the potato salad while I was trying to take a photo. Very good. I will make it again. It also had a love light peach color. Very appetizing. Thanks for sharing