Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 sweet gherkins, chopped
- mustard, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- paprika, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Boil cubed potatoes until cooked through.
- Mix together with chopped eggs, onion and the rest of the ingredients.
- Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours covered, and serve.
Very easy to make and tasty too! Was pleased to find a recipe which does not use too much mayo. The 1/4 cup is just enough to make the salad moist enough. Used two tsp mustard (hot), 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. We had it for lunch and it was enough left for my lunch at work the day after. Thanks for posting.
This was my first review for PAC 2006 I liked the potato salad but I felt with the gherkins it was a little to vinegary for my tastes. It may just be me because I am not a real fan of vinegar and usually don't put it in my salad. Also I wasn't sure of how much mustard to put in and I think I may have used too much so I'm really soory but I probably won't make this again.