Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An excellent appetizer, which freezes well
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups fluffy mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Put butter, water and salt in saucepan. Bring to full boil. Add flour and cook and stir over low heat til mixture leaves the sides of the pan and clings together in a ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time with a WOODEN spoon, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until mixture has a velvety look.
- Beat in potatoes, nutmeg and pepper.
- Heat oil for deep frying to 375°F Drop by tsps into hot oil and fry quickly until puffed and golden brown.
- If you freeze, place on cookie sheet in 400 oven for 10-15 mins to serve.