Recipe by Margo59
This is an easy side dish to prepare. I usually do not use potato flakes, but this is very tasty...and easy.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups potato flakes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter a 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- In medium saucepan, heat water, margarine and salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and potato flakes.
- Blend in egg, sour cream and cheese; mixing thoroughly.
- Spoon into casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned and puffed.