Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just another of many in my file box. A very good chowder.
- 3 cups chopped potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices crisply cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- Combine vegetables, water and seasonings; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Do not drain.
- Make white sauce with butter, flour and milk.
- Heat butter in small pan.
- Add flour, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and continue to stir.
- Heat until thickened.
- Pour some hot vegetable mix into pan, then put all in the larger pan.
- Add cheese and bacon; stir until cheese is melted.