Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recently found this on another site. I haven't made them yet, but knew I had to save this for a future time.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces onions, minced
- 2 ounces flour
- pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce black caviar
- 1 bunch dill
- Peel and coarsely grate potatoes.
- Transfer grated potatoes in bowl and add beaten eggs, onions, flour, and seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Heat the oil.
- Form the potato mixture into silver dollar sized pancakes and pan-fry.
- Turn them once when well browned on the first side.
- Remove them from the pan and dry pancakes in a paper towel.
- Garnish the pancakes with sour cream, caviar and a sprig of dill.