Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love potato pancakes, so when I saw this recipe I knew it was for me. It's so simple and the results are a great tasting pancake without all the work. I found this in an issue of Good Housekeeping
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (20 ounce bag)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced or 1⁄4 cup any kind onion, about diced
- applesauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In bowl mix salt, pepper and eggs; stir in potatoes and onions.
- Drop mixture by scant 1/2 cups into hot oil to make 4 pancakes; flatten each into 4 inch oval.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- Serve with applesauce& sour cream (optional).
These were good. I think they could use a little bit more flavor though...maybe a little bit more seasonings. I think they would be great with some shredded cheese added to them.
Made these tonight to have with pork chops. SO easy to make and absolutely delish! I used diced white onion but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks so much for the great recipe.