Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Our family loves these! We got the recipe from ifood.
- 8 medium red potatoes, with peel, shredded
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix the red potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, baking powder, rosemary, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scoop about 2/3 cup at a time of the potato mixture into the skillet, and press down with a spatula into a pancake shape.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
Made for Photo Tag Winter 2007. This was very easy to prepare and very tasty. I will scale down the salt about a 1/3...just a bit too salty for our taste. Thanks for a great recipe!