Recipe by TrehtonsMom
Recipe states it's 2 points per serving, but please double check as I have not confirmed it yet. I have not tried this yet, will update once I do. Serve with either non fat plain yogurt or no fat sour cream. (add appropriate points) Also good with just a little light margarine. *NOTE - Increase number of servings to 4 and use as a side dish (points value per serving drops to 3) Although I LOVE the plan, sometimes I feel a little carb deprieved especially if I'm working out a lot. This usually does the trick! Enjoy!
Top Review by teresas
Great WW recipe. Not quite as good as the shredded style but worth the points. I calculated the points to be 6 per serving. But this made 12 patties about 4 inches each. This would serve 4 as a side dish easily. I served mine with a side of applesauce. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC spring 08'
- 16 ounces uncooked potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and chop into 4 to 6 pieces (depending on size of potatoes).
- Peel and chop onion into 6 pieces.
- In an electric blender add egg, egg whites and 3 or 4 pieces of potato with 2 pieces of onion. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt & pepper to taste.
- Gradually add the rest of the potatoes and onion until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat skillet on high until a drop of water evaporates instantly.
- Pour batter to form any size pancakes desired.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook both sides until golden brown.
- Store pancakes in a warm oven until all the batter has been used.