Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family friend from Eel Brook or Ste. Anne du Ruisseau, Nova Scotia, Phyllis Wilkinson gave me the recipe. A true country recipe which I modified by adding chicken.
- 6 cups grated potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken, cut in thin small strips
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Saute' the chicken till it turns light brown.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, together.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in frying pan and spread 1/2 cup batter on it to form pancake.
- Let fry till each side turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with molases.