Recipe by Galley Wench
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.
Top Review by bricookie55
This was good, but we felt like it may be missing something. It was a bit bland for our tastes. Also, in the future I might use a little less chicken broth, as we noticed that it made the potatoes somewhat waterlogged. I'm sure with some tweaking I would really enjoy this. Thanks for posting.
- 44.37 ml olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced onions
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 907.18 g yukon gold potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 295.73 ml chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add thyme and rosemary, saute 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush 11x7/2 inch glass baking dish with oil.
- Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Top potatoes with half of onion mixture.
- Repeat potatoe and onion mixture layer.
- Top (final layer) with potatoes.
- Pour broth over.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake potatoes 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake until potatoes are tender and golden, about 25 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve.