Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
These are from Belyrussia, and quite easy to make. I love fritters, and I love potatoes and mushrooms.
- 1 ounce mushroom, dried
- water, for soaking mushroom
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Soak the mushrooms drain and strain the water, reserve.
- Put the mushrooms in reserved water and boil until soft.
- Drain well and shred.
- Chop the onion, sautée until golden, add the mushrooms, season with salt.
- Peel the potato, grate coarsely, add flour, salt, and sautéed onion/mushrooms.
- Preheat oil, use spoon to drop fitters into oil, fry until crisp and golden on both sides.
- Serve hot, dress with sour cream.