Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
These yeast-raised potato pancakes are very light and delicious, not at all greasy. I found this recipe in the Beltane Papers.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup coarsely-grated potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sauteed onion (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in liquid; add egg and oil.
- Beat in potatoes, salt, flour, wheat germ and onion.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Stir down, cook over medium heat on lightly oiled griddle or a dry teflon pan until browned on both sides.