Recipe by Ashley U
I love fresh oysters. I love the combo of potato, kale and oyster in this winter soup.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb kale, stems removed and washed
- 1 quart oyster, cut into four pieces if large
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot, and sauté the onions until soft but not browned. Add the potatoes, chicken stock and salt. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender, about 1 hour.
- Puree the soup in a food processor, and return to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Thinly shred the kale (you want it to be very thin). Add to the soup and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add the oysters to the simmering soup and stir for a few minutes. Season with black pepper.