Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I love this dish -- so rich and easy! The fresh nutmeg is key!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 6 large peeled sliced potatoes (1/16 inch)
- 4 ounces grated gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 2 qt baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, salt/pepper and nutmeg.and cream.
- Add potatoes and onion~ toss.
- Pour into prepared dish and top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil add parsely and bake 20 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minuts.
Not too sure where you intended to use the cream, but I split it with half in step 3 and half in step 5. Good recipe. Thanks.