1/1 Photo of Potato-Fennel Gratin
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I adopted this recipe. The sauteed fennel and onion are a wonderful blend of flavors with the Gruyere cheese and potatoes. This is true comfort food stepped up a notch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Butter inside of a 10x15x2-inch (10 cup) baking dish.
- 3Remove stalks and core of fennel, slice thinly crosswise.
- 4Saute fennel and onions in the olive oil and butter on Medium heat for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 5Peel potatoes, slice thinly.
- 6Mix potatoes in a bowl with 2 cups cream and 2 cups Gruyere, salt, pepper and the sauteed onion/fennel mixture.
- 7Pour into baking dish, press down to smooth.
- 8Combine remaining 2 tbl cream and 1/2 cup Gruyere and sprinkle on top.
- 9Bake for 1 1/2 hours until potatoes are very tender, the top is browned and bubbly.
- 10Let set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Fennel Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 312.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g